Thread: Anyone else feel like they hit a stalemate?

Default Anyone else feel like they hit a stalemate?

Within the last month I've felt as if though I hit a stalemate on what to play and find myself turning my Xbox on and off. Anyone have any new ideas on what to play? in between these next few months in waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by DABUC View Post
    Within the last month I've felt as if though I hit a stalemate on what to play and find myself turning my Xbox on and off. Anyone have any new ideas on what to play? in between these next few months in waiting.
    E3 is less than a week away, it's an exciting time

Been enjoying Tekken 7 (Review coming soon)
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

Yeah, this time of the year is always kinda slow. But if you look there are a few good indie titles being released, and of course there is E3 and we get to see what to look forward too.

Outtie

Just checking in on this topic as we are now 8 months later and I am feeling this way as well. I look at the exclusive titles for PS4 (which I don't own) and seems like some really great games. A friend of mine (different city) just got a PS4 and is in love with Horizon Zero Dawn and Shadow of the Colossus, and is posting on facebook all the time about them. They do look amazing. I really want some good games to come out that show off the HDR capabilities of the One S. Preferably RPGs, but other genres would be welcome as well.

Release The First Skill Shadow20002's Avatar

I must say Horizon Zero Dawn is a fantastic game and Nioh but these are exclusively on PS4 which make me sad.
    Back into the world of gaming.

Agreed. I wish Xbox had some equal exclusives, but even more so I wish we just had some great new games.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow20002 View Post
    I must say Horizon Zero Dawn is a fantastic game and Nioh but these are exclusively on PS4 which make me sad.
    Agreed. I wish Xbox had some equal exclusives, but even more so I wish we just had some great new games.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ tx View Post
    Monster Hunter: World is fantastic. Review up shortly!
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

Quote Originally Posted by Variation-XBA View Post
    Monster Hunter: World is fantastic. Review up shortly!
    It does look good. This may be a dumb question, but is there more to it than fighting big monsters? In Skyrim I do enjoy battling dragons sometimes, but there is so much else I like to spend time on.

I just found some trailers for upcoming games Ashen and Biomutant. They are due out this year, and who knows if they will stay on track, but the trailers look really good.

There's tons of crafting to be done with the loot you get. But it's a monster hunting game, hence the title.
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

There's tons of crafting to be done with the loot you get. But it's a monster hunting game, hence the title.
    I guess this all comes down to how fun the combat mechanic is. In skyrim it was pretty good I guess, not great, but could get tedious at times. I did just read some of your review, and I have to say I am very intrigued. I also watched some trailers/gameplay and it looks visually great. I see how you say after a hunt you can freely roam, but would you say this is an open world where you can just ignore the main track, or does it pretty much keep you on track to the next monster? Are there multiple towns and any quests at all that are related to other tasks?
    Last edited by DJ tx; 02-13-2018 at 09:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ tx View Post
    I guess this all comes down to how fun the combat mechanic is. In skyrim it was pretty good I guess, not great, but could get tedious at times. I did just read some of your review, and I have to say I am very intrigued. I also watched some trailers/gameplay and it looks visually great. I see how you say after a hunt you can freely roam, but would you say this is an open world where you can just ignore the main track, or does it pretty much keep you on track to the next monster? Are there multiple towns and any quests at all that are related to other tasks?
    You can free roam as long as you want on expeditions, simply gathering materials if you choose, or fishing, or catching bugs. you don't HAVE to hunt the monsters
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

You can free roam as long as you want on expeditions, simply gathering materials if you choose, or fishing, or catching bugs. you don't HAVE to hunt the monsters
    Yeah I think I'm going to have to get this one. Looks good.

Thread Information