Update 1.7 for The Division Releasing Tomorrow
Ubisoft has announced that Update 1.7 for Tom Clancy’s The Division will be available tomorrow, August 15th. The update will be free for all players and release simultaneously on consoles and Windows PC.
Update 1.7 will bring several new features to Tom Clancy’s The Division, including:
- Global Events – The update will introduce a new event system that will challenge players to find new ways to play through time-limited activities featuring new gameplay modifiers. New Events will be available regularly and grant exclusive rewards upon completion. Players will also be able to activate additional modifiers for some missions and incursions, adding an extra layer of challenge that gives them a chance to yield more rewards.
- Commendations – Previously called Feats, Commendations are a new built-in achievement system that will provide players with a series of tasks and subsequent rewards.
- Encrypted Caches – Caches are loot boxes with random customisation items and emotes inside. Players will be able to obtain Caches by gathering keys in the world, or purchase them with Premium Credits.
- New Gear and Customisation Options – New gear includes Classified Gear sets, new facemasks and Arm Patches. Players will also be able to re-customise their agents for free at the Barbershop.
- Survival DLC improvements – New scoring items will allow players to achieve higher scores. The reward economy has also been reworked so that time investment is more on par with other activities.
Update 1.7 is the first of two main free updates planned for Year 2 of Tom Clancy’s The Division. In addition to these major updates and in line with the development team’s commitment to continuously update and improve the game, Year 2 has already introduced several gameplay and quality of life updates and will add more in the coming months.
The first Global Event, Outbreak, will start on August 15th and end on August 22nd, and challenge players with new enemy behaviour due to the severity of the virus outbreak.
Source: Press Release