Top Independent Creators, New ID@Xbox Games Storm E3
From Xbox Wire:
It’s an exciting E3 for Xbox and gamers, as today we showed an amazing lineup of exclusives, blockbusters and a vibrant catalog of games from independent developers. ID@Xbox announced that hundreds of studios are developing innovative games for Xbox One and unveiled incredible games on the horizon.
For those of you who missed the Xbox press briefing or aren’t able to check these games out in person, take a look at the list of ID@Xbox games below and the video above for a peek at new innovations as well as existing fan favorites reinvented to take advantage of unique Xbox One features. Stay tuned to Xbox Wire throughout the week as we feature games from the E3 show floor at the Xbox booth, including “Hyper Light Drifter” and “Lovers in a Dangerous Space.”
Also, don’t miss “1001 Spikes,” a hardcore side-scroller featuring precise controls, co-op and multiplayer modes, and 1001 lives launching this week on Xbox One. Twin stick shooter fans will also want to keep an eye out for “Sixty Second Shooter,” coming soon from Happion Labs.
- “#IDARB” by Other Ocean – “#IDARB” is a chaotic eight-player eSport jumping jetpack future arena ball game that is as inspired by “Bomberman” and “Smash Bros.” as it is by cans of soda, paint-by-number books, and driving five miles faster than the speed limit.
- “Another World – 20th Anniversary” by Digital Lounge – Also known as Out Of This World, “Another World” is a pioneer action/platformer that released across more than a dozen platforms since its debut in 1991. Along the years, “Another World” has attained cult status among critics and sophisticated gamers alike.
- “Aztez” by Team Colorblind – “Aztez” is a real-time action and turn-based strategy hybrid set in the world of the Aztecs. Push on the borders of the empire and manage political chaos with thrilling combat segments, where victory or defeat has immediate ramifications in your burgeoning empire.
- “Calibre 10 Racing Series” by Bongfish – “Calibre 10 Racing Series” is a spiritual successor to “Harms Way.” The game is entirely multiplayer in a new experience that combines action-packed racing with fast-paced first person shooting.
- “Chariot” by Frima Studio – “Chariot” is a humoristic physics-based couch co-op platformer in which a brave princess and her suitor carry a funeral wagon through ancient caves, fending-off swarms of looters while amassing riches, to bury the Kings remains in a worthy gold-filled tomb.
- “Cuphead” by Studio MDHR – “Cuphead” is a single player or co-op run and gun platformer, heavily focused on boss battles. Inspired by 1930s cartoons, the visuals are hand drawn and inked, and the music is all original jazz recordings. Cuphead & Mugman traverse strange worlds, acquire new weapons, learn powerful super moves and uncover hidden secrets.
- “Divekick” by Iron Galaxy – “Divekick” is the world’s first-ever two-button fighting game! It has made a splash with the fighting game community for not using a stick, yet still retaining the strategic gameplay and spacing techniques employed by professional fighting game players. Now anyone can experience the thrill of fighting games without memorizing complex combos and finger-contorting button presses.
- “Earthlock: Festival of Magic” by Snow Castle Games – “Earthlock” is a turn-based fantasy RPG where an intriguing cast of characters must embark on a bold adventure to unlock the deepest secrets of Umbra, a world that mysteriously stopped spinning ages ago. The combat features an innovative twist using combat pairs and chain attacks.
- “Fenix Rage” by Reverb Triple XP, Green Lava Studios – “Fenix Rage” is an inspired, frenetically-paced, challenging and aggressively addicting 2D platformer that will keep your palms sweaty, your thumbs fatigued, and your wits sharp. Gamers take on the role of Fenix, whose village is decimated by a huge explosion, leaving only two survivors – Fenix and Oktarus, a mysterious figure who manages to elude Fenix’s best efforts at capture.
- “Fibbage” by Jackbox Games – “Fibbage” is the lying, bluffing, fib-till-you-win multiplayer trivia party game from the makers of “You Don’t Know Jack. Fool your friends with your lies, avoid theirs and find the (usually outrageous) truth. And get this: your phone or tablet is your controller!
- “Forced” by BetaDwarf – “Forced” is a hectic co-op arcade adventure RPG for one- to four players. Intuitive twin-stick controls, tons of intelligent enemies, diverse settings, devastating skills and fiendish puzzle elements. Use teamwork to contain your enemies and control your Spirit Mentor to unleash the power of the ancient shrines, or die trying.
- “FRU” by Through Games – “FRU” is a Kinect-based puzzle platformer in which the player utilizes both a joystick and their body to control the game. In fact, in “FRU,” the players silhouette is used to reveal what lies beneath the world at first glance. “FRUs” gameplay changes according to the players shape, pose and movement.
- “INSIDE” by Playdead – From the creators of “LIMBO,” Playdead is bringing “INSIDE” to Xbox first in 2015. For more information, visit playdead.com/inside.
- “Get Even” by The Farm 51 – “Get Even” is a fast paced first person action game for PC and next generation of gaming platforms. It tells two very dark stories of ultimate foes whose lives were bond in some accident that led them both to tragic situations and put them at opposite sides of destructive conflict.
- “Grave” by Broken Window Studios – “Grave” is an open-world fusion between modern horror and classic survival horror. Fight off armies of fearsome foes that each have their own unique strengths and weaknesses. No creature is alike and no weapon is foolproof in a reality that can shift or change at a moment’s notice.
- “Guacamelee Super Turbo CE” by DrinkBox Studios – “Guacamelee! STCE” is a Metroid-vania style action-platformer set in a magical Mexican inspired world. The game draws its inspiration from traditional Mexican culture and folklore, and features many interesting and unique characters.
- “Habitat” by 4gency – In Earth’s orbit, where crisis is guaranteed, “Habitat” is the only strategic space simulation game that utilizes orbital debris to build the future homes of humanity and where hope for survival lies in your creativity as Commander.
- “Hellraid” by Techland – “Hellraid” is a dark fantasy action game from the studio behind “Dying Light,” the “Dead Island” and “Call of Juarez” series. The game is a unique mix of melee, magic and ranged combat and can be played both in single-player and co-op.
- “Hyper Light Drifter” by Heart Machine – “Hyper Light Drifter” is an action adventure RPG in the vein of the best eight-bit and 16-bit classics, with modernized mechanics and designs on a much grander scale.
- “Knight Squad” by Chainsawesome Games – “Knight Squad” is a one to eight player action game that can be described as “Bomberman” meets “Gauntlet.” Play as a Knight in the arena and defeat your opponents using epic weapons and power ups. Challenge your friends in the Versus mode or play as a team as you complete the challenges on each floor of Destinys Tower.
- “Lifeless Planet” by Stage 2 Studios – While seeking life on a distant planet, a skeptical astronaut discovers an abandoned Russian town. He suspects his mission is a hoax until a mysterious young woman saves him from a strange and deadly phenomenon. A third-person action-adventure featuring an old-school sci-fi story and spectacular environments in the spirit of classic adventure games.
- “Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime” by Asteroid Base – The game is a frantic co-op platformer-inside-a-shooter, in which players work together piloting a neon-drenched battleship to save space animals, explore the galaxy, and fight evil robots. Deep space is a dangerous place, but at least you dont have to face it alone!
- “Mighty No. 9” by Comcept
- “NERO” by Storm in a Teacup – “NERO” features a simple gameplay with accessible controls in a rich interactive environment filled with puzzles. NERO invites players to explore and experience emotions and feelings that are uncommon in videogames, redefining the visual novel genre and reshaping it in a next-generation first-person game.
- “Never Alone” by E-Line Media, Upper One Games – Built in partnership with the Alaska Native community, “Never Alone” (Kisima Ingitchuna) delves deeply into the traditional lore of the Inupiat people of the Arctic to present a game experience like no other. An atmospheric puzzle platformer of wondrous adventure and survival in a place where survival shouldn’t be possible.
- “Plague Inc: Evolved” by Ndemic Creations – “Plague Inc: Evolved” is a unique mix of high strategy and terrifyingly realistic simulation. Your pathogen has infected Patient Zero - now bring about the end of human history by evolving a deadly, global Plague whilst adapting against everything humanity can do to defend itself!
- “Pure Pool” by Ripstone – “Pure Pool” allows you to connect to a living, breathing pool hall from the comfort of your own living room. With all the buzz and vibrancy of a real pool playing environment, “Pure Pool” is set to serve up the most authentic pool experience on the market!
- “Q.U.B.E. Directors Cut” by Toxic Games – “Q.U.B.E. Director’s Cut” is a brain-twisting first-person puzzler. Using special high-tech gloves to manipulate cubes in the environment, the player solves an array of conundrums – from physics-based challenges; to 3D jigsaws; to platform-based trials.
- “Rip Tide GP2” by Vector Unit – Get ready for adrenaline-inducing water racing action with “Riptide GP2,” from the makers of “Hydro Thunder Hurricane.” “Riptide GP2” kicks everything into overdrive delivering intense online head-to-head multiplayer, 6 player split screen, upgradable hydro jets, enhanced graphics, stunts, and realistic wave-filled action.
- “Roundabout” by No Goblin – “Roundabout” is an open world driving puzzle game where you control a constantly rotating limousine! Pick up passengers, find secret collectables, take on dangerous missions, and fall in love while reliving the 1977 rise to fame story of Georgio Manos.
- “Siegecraft Commander” by Blowfish Studios – Create the ultimate medieval fortress and wreak havoc and destruction on your enemies with tower flinging fun! Carefully plan the location of the towers and walls in your fortress network to outmaneuver your foes. Easy-to-learn strategic elements combine in subtle ways to yield a rich tactical experience!
- “SlashDash” by Nevernaut Games – “SlashDash” is a competitive party game for up to four players. Combat is fast paced, strategic and deceptively simple. The first game mode is Capture the Flag, where two teams of ninjas slash and teleport their way to flags and glory. Cooperation is key — when your teammate has the flag, slash them to make them dash!
- “Source” by Fenix Fire Entertainment – “Source” is an adventure game that exists in another dimension. You control a firefly with the power to manipulate energy with all living creatures. However, this world is being devoured by a dark energy that is tearing the world apart, and its your destiny to stop this threat of extinction.
- “Spectra” by Gateway Interactive – From new studio Gateway Interactive and Chipzel (the amazing chip-tune artist behind the “Super Hexagon” music) comes “Spectra,” a fast paced retro style racing game destined to get your heart pumping and test your skill like no other!
- “The Golf Club” by HB Studios – “The Golf Club” is a next generation golf simulation which offers outstanding gameplay and gorgeous visuals. With the ability to procedurally generate courses and the depth of social interaction within the game there truly are an unlimited number of golf courses that can be created, shared and played with your friends.
- “There Came An Echo” by Iridium Studios – “There Came an Echo” is a real-time strategy title with a heavy narrative focus being developed for release. The player can use an innovative voice control system to direct their units around the battlefield to ensure a tactical advantage over the enemy.
- “Threes!” by Sirvo / Hidden Variable – “Threes!” is a tiny game about matching numbers that grows on you. Learn it in a minute. Play it for a lifetime. Featuring cute, charming characters, a catchy score, and deceptively deep gameplay, “Threes!” is a tiny game that will wrap up your heart and mind in a warm hug and never let go.
- “Volgarr the Viking” by Crazy Viking Studios – Return to the Golden Age of arcades with an all-new hardcore action experience that pulls no punches. “Volgarr the Viking” possesses all the hallmarks of the true classics - simple controls, high challenge, and meticulous design - combined with hand-made pixel animation, an epic soundtrack, and buckets of blood.
- “White Night” by Osome Studio – In America’s early thirties, explore the macabre past of an old family manor and solve puzzles of light and shadows. At the crossroads of fantastic literature, cinema and videogames, this fully black and white survival horror will teach you that light can be very fragile… and darkness often lethal.
- “Woolfe – The Red Hood Diaries” by GriN – “Woolfe – The Red Hood Diaries” is a non-sugarcoated fairytale platformer, full of drama and dark twists. In a fantasy-like setting - with dangerous smoke-spewing factories, a charming medieval village and nature manipulated by the evil - we follow the vendetta of a fearless Little Red Riding Hood
- “Wulverblade” by Darkwind Media, Fully Illustrated – “Wulverblade” is a side-scrolling brawler created in the spirit of the arcade greats. Its 120AD and the Roman army has seized control of Britannia. Their goal: march north and conquer the island with brutal and bloody efficiency. The 5,000 strong 9th Legion are preparing for war, but little do they know what lies in wait for them.