Aggelos Coming to the Xbox One in 2018
Fans of 2D platform games, that are in the style of 16-bit graphics, have a new game to look forward sometime this year. Wed give you the actual release date; however, there is no exact date yet.
Youll step through time and discover a mesmerizing new action-RPG that looks like it was plucked straight out of the 16-bit era but plays like a modern-day marvel. Inspired by non-linear Japanese retro adventures such as Wonder Boy In Monster World, Aggelos hurls players into the middle of a colossal struggle for survival as beings from another dimension threaten to invade the peaceful Kingdom of Lumen.
Bursting with secrets and side-quests, and boasting slick melee combat that any 2D action game would envy, Aggelos is the perfect combination of retro style and modern-day game design.
In terms of features, you can expect the following:
A vast kingdom to explore
- Venture through forests, seas, cave systems and ancient temples as you seek to uncover the magical elements needed to save the world from total annihilation.
A classical non-linear adventure
- Explore a sprawling world that gradually reveals itself, Metroidvania-style, as you gain new abilities and equipment.
- Thwart towering bosses and their tricky minions as you take on perilous mainline quests and optional odd-jobs for the people of Lumen.
- Unlock magical abilities and high-level attacks, expertly chaining these immense powers together to clear screens of enemies in seconds.
Stunning sprite art
- Forget out-of-place modern art: Aggelos boasts superlative character designs and animations while remaining proudly, and faithfully, 16-bit through and through.
- Lose yourself to a retro-inspired soundtrack that floods the Kingdom of Lumen with life.
We here at XBA are intrigued by what is being offered. You can check out the reveal trailer below for a hint of what is to come:
Source: Press Release/YouTube