Pure Hold'Em Update adds New Tournament Modes
Developer VooFoo Studios and Ripstone Publishing have announced the release of a big tournament update to Pure Hold’em on Xbox One. The update includes the addition of private tournaments and scheduled tournaments as well as bigger prize pots. Alongside this, the first of many card decks to be released as DLC, the Steampunk deck will be released as well.
Pure Hold’em launched in August 2015, and is part of the Pure series which also includes Pure Chess & Pure Pool. Split across 6 different tables, each requiring more skill and determination than the last, Pure Hold’em brings all the excitement of the casino to the convenience of the couch.
What’s New you ask? Good question. Here is what you can expect:
- Private Tournaments – Players can set up a private tournament and invite up to 7 of their friends to the table.
- Scheduled Tournaments – Scheduled tournaments allow players to join time controlled tournaments played on defined tables. Players can join the tournament table 15 minutes before it starts. As an added bonus for taking part in these scheduled tournaments, a bigger prize pot is available, and players will get more XP enabling them to level up quicker.
- Faster Tournament Starts – A timer will now appear once 4 or more players are sitting at a tournament table. Once the timer reaches zero, the tournament will start.
- Party Invites – Pure Hold’em now supports console created parties. Players can take their current party into all game modes except for non-private tournaments.
- Various minor bug fixes and improvements
The aformetioned Steampunk deck, which is the first of many new card decks to be released, is available on 13th July. Are you gonna double down?
Source: Press Release