Dungeon Punks Now Available on Xbox One
A throwback to the arcade brawlers of the past but featuring modern fighting game mechanics and engrossing RPG elements, Dungeon Punks from Hyper Awesome Entertainment is now available on the Xbox One.
The game is filled with crazy magic spells, custom combo attacks and tag team-inspired tactical mayhem. Set in a world of magic, mystery and corporate greed, players will discover loot and adventure as they seek to unravel the dark secrets of RezCorp in an effort take down the corrupt bigwigs of the resurrection insurance industry.
Dungeon Punks is a hilarious mash up of medieval times, magic and modern reality delivering players its own unique and quirky spin on the classic brawling genre. Some of the many features include:
- Multiplayer-Centric Design: Interactions between party members is paramount. How you use healing potions, power-ups, mounts, rage attacks and decisions about whether to stay or flee, all create a collaborative and ever-changing cooperative dynamic.
- One-of-a-Kind Tag Team System: The game introduces a unique real-time tag team system that allows each player to control two heroes at once. Tagging in during combat allows you to craft custom combos by chaining together moves and spells from different members of your party, opening up new ways to play.
- Innovative PVP Battle Arenas: “Joust mode” unlocks unlimited replay-ability via player versus player brawls to the death in every fighting location in the game. Each player gets a tag team of two heroes with separate health and mana, opening up a variety of play styles and strategies for defeating opponents. The twist: each arena includes a Boss and his minions which you need to use as tactical assets to charge mana and damage your opponents.
- Highly Streamlined RPG: Players can accept side quests given out by NPCs across the 12 epic levels, and between brawls they have some deep spending choices to make regarding their party’s equipment and spells.
- Variety of Magical Spells and Team Attacks: Players can learn and upgrade spells and equipment for each party member, allowing players to custom-build their own band of heroes to suit their play style and strategy.
- Powerful Creatures: Tame and ride powerful creatures like saber tooth cats, gorillas, and laser shooting unicorns. While riding, players can swing their hero’s weapon and control their mount’s special attacks at the same time.
- Interactive Environments and Hidden Power-Ups: Various objects and interactive features placed throughout rooms introduce surprising, and often unpredictable, ways to take out enemies. Accidentally burning a spider egg-sac can result in an unpleasant surprise, but using lightning on it has quite the opposite effect. Players can discover hidden items around the world ranging from healing potions and enchantments, to electric eel eggs and dragon summoning scrolls.
This game seems to be blast to the past somewhat and we hope to review it when we get a chance.
Source: Press Release