Fans Can Get Custom 3D Printed Skylanders
Skylanders Imaginators is dedicating the entire month of October to creation and bringing imaginations to life. The month-long celebration includes the launch of Skylanders Imaginators, this year’s tentpole console game release; Skylanders™ Academy, the Netflix Original series; Skylanders Creator, a new mobile app that allows kids to create characters on-the-go; and much more.
The Countdown to Creation begins with the release of Skylanders Creator, a new free mobile app that offers Portal Masters the ability to create Imaginator characters on-the-go. Featuring the robust creation tools similar to those available in the console game, players can simply download Skylanders Creator from select iOS and Android mobile devices’ app stores to begin creating Imaginators from scratch – or players can magically transfer their created characters from the console game to the app using state-of-the-art audio technology.
For the first time in toys-to-life history, fans can use Skylanders Creator to immortalize their Skylanders Imaginators creations in a variety of physical forms including:
3D Printed Imaginator Figure
- Fans can bring their character creations from the digital world to life in the physical world as a 3D printed Skylanders Imaginators figure. The custom-printed Imaginator arrives in full color, posed on a base and enclosed in a clear protective dome -- making it a true collector’s item. The figure is fully playable in the Skylanders Imaginators console game! Quantities are limited for 3D figures.
- Fans also have the option to order high-quality, custom made trading cards emblazoned with a full color image of their creation and fully playable in Skylanders Imaginators. Players simply place the card on the Portal of Power and watch their creations come to life in the videogame.
- Portal Masters can show off their Imaginators on a premium, full- color, customized T-shirt featuring an image of their very own creation, the character’s Battle Class, element and name!
The Skylanders Creator app will feature Timed Imaginite Chests that give users new creation parts for their Imaginators at certain times during the day, daily Sensei Chests featuring special parts unique to that Skylander, a collection menu where players can access all of their created Imaginators, called My Imaginators’ Creation Gallery, and the ability to share created characters with fans around the world. The availability of the Skylanders Creator app features vary by region.
But wait....there is more. The Countdown to Creation month also includes the following:
CBS Films: Middle School: The Worst Years of My Life
- James Patterson’s Middle School: The Worst Years of My Life and Skylanders have one major thing in common: they’re giving kids the freedom to re-write the rules of play. The two entertainment brands are teaming up to celebrate the release of the film Middle School: The Worst Years of My Life on Oct. 7 and the Skylanders Imaginators videogame launch on Oct. 16 in North America. GameStop’s Skylanders Adventure Club members in the US who pre-order Skylanders Imaginators will receive two free movie tickets to Middle School: The Worst Years of My Life while supplies last between Sept. 24 – Oct. 16, 2016.
Skylanders 3D Printed Contest
Starting Oct. 24, Portal Masters can WIN the opportunity to receive their custom 3D-printed Imaginator figure via a global Skylanders 3D-printed Imaginator contest. To participate, fans are encouraged to create an Imaginator in Skylanders Imaginators or using the Skylanders Creator app. Shared creations on social media channels using the dedicated #CreatorContest will be automatically entered to win.
- On Oct. 28, Activision Blizzard Studios in partnership with Netflix will debut “Skylanders Academy,” a new animated action adventure series based on the award-winning Skylanders franchise. The show follows Master Eon as he assembles a ragtag group of heroes to protect the universe from evil-doers Kaos and the Doom Raiders. Jam-packed with humor, heart and memorable moments, “Skylanders Academy” promises to keep viewers on the edge of their seats with epic action for kids of all ages. The new original series will debut worldwide on Netflix with 13 episodes.
So there you have it. Activision is pulling out ALL the stop for the impending release of Skylanders Imaginators.
Source: Press Release