Forza Horizon 3 DLC 'Smoking Tire Pack' Out Now
Vroom, Vroom....that didnt take long at all. Microsoft and Playground Games have released their first round of DLC Cars to their VERY recently released game. Called The Smoking Tire Car Pack, there are seven new cars for you to add to your garage. But why listn to me when you can check out the trailer below, and some detailed descriptions, of what this first DLC pack holds for you:
2016 Aston Martin Vulcan
- For the record, the “Vulcan” name here is more closely related to Britain’s loud Cold War-era bombers than to the notoriously logical aliens in “Star Trek”. Nonetheless, the Vulcan is Aston Martin’s entry into the hypercar market, and there will only be 24 of these track-only vehicles built. Those lucky enough to accept the offer of purchase will find 800 hp ready to thrill from the race-inspired V12. The asking price? Somewhere north of $2 million, but the uncanny lines and performance should inspire the appropriately logical responses of longing stares and envious eyes.
2000 Lotus 340R
- The Lotus 340R’s wild looks do more than inspire wonder, they embody the bottom-line of Lotus founder Colin Chapman’s design philosophy: “Simplify, then add lightness.” The 340R takes adding lightness to the extreme. A glance at this bare-bones roadster and you’ll see that nearly everything has been stripped off, while still retaining what makes the Lotus Elise great. At a svelte 1,541 pounds with 177 horsepower from its rear-mounted 1.8-liter four-cylinder, the 340R will float through corners and leap like a kangaroo from launch.
2016 Pagani Huayra BC
- The vehicles of Horatio Pagani represent a crossroads between art and automobile. The BC takes everything that makes the Huayra exquisite then embellishes the interior and exterior to make what is already a hypercar even more exclusive. The BC is named after Benny Caiola, one of the first Pagani customers and a close friend of Horatio’s. With only 20 models slated for production, rarity is just one of the many benefits found in the BC. Of course there is more power, more downforce and aggressive looks to match the increased outputs.
i2010 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor
- This is one set of headlights you do not want to see coming up behind you. However, it is also one set of wheels that you do want to drive. Available with a proper bumper bar, search lights and light bar, this is your Forza Horizon cop car. The Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (FCVPI) is the most widely used vehicle by law enforcement for years due to the durability of it’s rear-wheel-drive and body-on-frame construction. The Crown Vic is built to take the abuse of pursuit operations and day-to-day enforcement duty or even taxi-service. Whether you prefer to chase or be chased, this is an addition to the world of Forza that many fans have been waiting for.
2016 GTA Spano
- Every once in a long while the dream of creating a dream car comes to life. Such is the case with the GTA Spano, a 230mph-capable supercar. Powered by a twin-turbo, intercooled and slightly bored out Viper V10, it has the guts to get the job done and the form to not only catch the eye, but convert air into grip-amplifying downforce. Spanish automaker Spania GTA has built the GTA Spano from the most rigid materials on Earth, and the way it responds to the contours of the road or the lack thereof is entirely unique.
2016 BMW M2 Coupé
- Here is BMW’s recipe for the M2 Coupé. First, take the suspension and braking of the larger M3 and M4 and fit them in a lighter and more nimble chassis. Then, rather than attempting to imitate the bigger brothers’ powerplants, just take the best parts and infuse them perfectly. The result is a rousing sonorous automotive event that will ring all the bells and checks all the boxes. Sometimes good things come in smaller packages, and in the case of the M2 it’s dead true.
1976 Jeep CJ5 Renegade
- There is something unique about the freedom of riding in an open-air Jeep CJ. Other companies have tried to emulate what the Jeep represents, some with limited success, but there is nothing like the real thing. Some of it comes down to components that set a standard for performance in the toughest conditions, like Saginaw steering or Dana running gear. More than anything is the notion that, when driving a Jeep, you can blaze a trail that few others can follow.
So there you have it, seven new cars to add to your garage. The Smoking Tire Car Pack is the first monthly car pack to arrive in the Forza Horizon 3 Car Pass, which is available as a separate purchase or as part of the Ultimate Edition of Forza Horizon 3. For one low price, you can get access to all six of the DLC packs that will be arriving in the game from this October through March 2017. That’s 42 vehicles total. The Smoking Tire Car Pack is also available as a standalone purchase for $7 in the Xbox Store.
Source: Press Release/YouTube