As noted on the Xbox News Wire, five maps and four modes will be available, including St. Quentin Scar, Amiens, Sinai Desert, Fao Fortress and Suez in the Conquest, Rush, Operations and Domination modes. There’s also a taste of the single player campaign, with Storm of Steel and the War Story, Through Mud and Blood. Your progress carries over, too, if you decided to buy the full game after your Play First Trial ends.
Multiplayer Maps of the Battlefield 1 Play First Trial:
The St. Quentin Scar: A massive attack on the scarred battlefields of northern France. As part of the Kaiser’s battle, the German army throws everything they have to try to break through the British lines. Prepare for truly cataclysmic assaults as you push through the trenches of the St. Quentin Scar. Be the first soldier to break through the fortified lines and assault the pristine village of Travecy, untouched by the war… until now.
- Amiens: A destructive clash in a majestic city. Fight on the streets and squares in French city of Amiens during the German spring offensive. A struggle in crumbling alleys, a courthouse, around bridges and railways where the British and the Germans desperately seek to control the depths of the city.
- Sinai Desert: Engage in all-out war in Sinai Desert, a scorching hot battlefield located just East of El-Jifar. From infantry skirmishes in the narrow streets of the village of Bir el Mazar to dogfights above the majestic cliffs, you’ll need to make tactical use of the dunes as you engage in explosive battles. When all hope is lost, reinforcements will arrive in the shape of a powerful Behemoth: a deadly Armored Train charging through the desert sands.
- Fao Fortress: Join one of the earliest amphibious landings of the Great War as the British Empire struggles to secure the oil on the Al-Faw Peninsula. The majestic Ottoman fortress of Fao guards the entrance and is not falling uncontested. Here you will fight through marshlands and dunes, over bridges and shallow coves. The assault finally enters the ancient fortress itself. The quest for oil begins here. The Dreadnought needs to feed.
- Suez: A struggle for the most vital supply line of World War I. Even though it was considered impossible, the Ottomans crossed the desert of Sinai and threatened the canal. Join the fight by the banks of the grand canal and make tactical use of the dunes. Fight through shallow defenses, with field guns or mortars, through the outskirts of Kantara and into the deep desert beyond.
Multiplayer Modes of the Battlefield 1 Play First Trial:
- Conquest: An all-time fan favorite of Battlefield players, Conquest is a large-scale game mode with up to 64 players fighting for the control of key objectives. With large armies on foot or behind the wheel and the addition of fearsome Behemoths, Conquest brings together all the elements of the signature Battlefield All-Out War.
- Domination: Domination offers a fast-paced infantry focused combat in close quarter locations. It’s a smaller, but more focused version of Conquest, and the fighting revolves around strategic objectives. Ready your shotgun and sharpen your hatchet – in the Domination game mode things tend to get close and personal.
- Operations: New in Battlefield 1, Operations offer epic journeys across several maps based upon real battles of World War I. We wanted to offer a large and epic experience with a focus on teamplay and frontline combat. Adding this meta-layer to the game mode, and stretching it across multiple interesting locations that both look and play very differently, adds a whole new layer of scale and variety to the battles in Battlefield 1. Your team can win on one map, proceed to the next map, and actually see the map you previously fought over on the horizon.
- Rush: Communications and artillery were crucial during World War I, and Rush mode will have you interacting with both of them. In Rush, the Attacking forces must find and destroy the Defending force’s Telegraph Posts, which the defenders can use to call in artillery strikes. The Defenders can deny the Attackers by disarming the explosives they plant, but should the Telegraph Posts be destroyed, the Defenders must fall back to another sector. The Attackers win the battle if the Telegraph Positions in every sector are destroyed. The Defenders come out victorious if they’re able to run the Attackers out of reinforcements, or by having at least one Telegraph Position left intact when time runs out.
Fans will be able be able to get an exclusive Trench Raider Dog Tag just for launching the game with the Play First Trial during that time – and if you play all ten hours before October 20, you’ll have a Battlepack waiting for you in the full game.
After the release of the Early Enlister Deluxe Edition, the rest of the maps and modes will open up (unless you’ve used all of your play time, that is). EA Access members also get 10% off if they decide to pick up the game, too! We can’t wait to see you on the battlefield.