WWE 2K17 Now Available for Windows PC
WWE 2K17 is now available for Windows PC. The new release delivers all the authenticity and action offered in the console edition, including the largest roster of WWE and NXT Superstars in franchise history; extensive new options in Creation Suite and Universe Mode; the opportunity to “Become a Paul Heyman Guy” in MyCareer Mode; as well as substantial gameplay additions and enhancements.
Fans may choose between the WWE 2K17 Standard Edition ($49.99) and the WWE 2K17 Deluxe Edition ($74.99), as well as purchase the WWE 2K17 Season Pass ($29.99). All downloadable content currently available for all console versions is available for Windows PC on launch day. The Hall of Fame Showcase, which includes playable real-life and fantasy matchups inspired by WWE’s Hall of Fame Class of 2016 inductees, will be available as downloadable content for all platforms later this year.
Details on all available Windows PC content options for WWE 2K17 are as follows:
Standard Edition for Windows PC – Content with Game Purchase:
Goldberg Pack: Access to two playable versions of legendary WCW and WWE star Bill Goldberg, as well as playable WCW Monday Nitro and Halloween Havoc arenas.
Deluxe Edition for Windows PC – Content with Game Purchase:
Goldberg Pack: Access to two playable versions of legendary WCW and WWE star Bill Goldberg, as well as playable WCW Monday Nitro and Halloween Havoc arenas;
Season Pass, including:
- MyPlayer Kick Start: Players will gain access to unlock and boost created Superstar ratings and attributes made available at launch as part of the game’s MyCareer Mode; players can also unlock all clothing made available at launch that provides attribute boosts in MyCareer Mode;
- Accelerator: Access to all unlockable content available in the game’s VC Purchasable Section (excluding downloadable content); Ability to decide the overall rankings and attribute levels for all playable characters throughout the life of the product;
- NXT Enhancement Pack: Playable NXT Superstars Apollo Crews, Nia Jax and Shinsuke Nakamura; Players can also earn a 50 percent boost in points while competing at NXT during MyCareer Mode;
- Legends Pack: Playable WWE Legends Brutus “The Barber” Beefcake, Eddie Guerrero, Greg “The Hammer” Valentine, Sycho Sid and Tatanka;
- New Moves Pack: Variety of new in-game moves, including the Swingout Neckbreaker (made popular by WWE Superstar Charlotte); the Elbro Drop (made popular by WWE Superstar Zack Ryder); the Face Wash Combo (made popular by NXT Superstar Samoa Joe); and the TJP Clutch (made popular by WWE Superstar T.J. Perkins);
- Future Stars Pack: Playable WWE and NXT Superstars Austin Aries, Karl Anderson, Luke Gallows, Mojo Rawley and Tye Dillinger;
- Hall of Fame Showcase (available post-launch): Playable matches include Cactus Jack and Diamond Dallas Page vs. The Fabulous Freebirds (Jimmy Garvin and Michael “PS” Hayes) (WCW Saturday Night 1992); The Fabulous Freebirds (Buddy Roberts and Michael “PS” Hayes) vs. Kerry and Kevin Von Erich (WCCW 1986); Ivory vs. Jacqueline (SmackDown 2000); Sting (gold and black tights) vs. Ric Flair (Clash of Champions 1988); Sting (n.W.o. Wolfpac ring gear) vs. Bret Hart (WCW Halloween Havoc 1998); Papa Shango vs. The Godfather (Dream Match); and Big Boss Man (with Albert) vs. Big Show (Armageddon 1999).
Season Pass for Windows PC – Content with Purchase:
- MyPlayer Kick Start;
- NXT Enhancement Pack;
- Legends Pack;
- New Moves Pack;
- Future Stars Pack;
- Hall of Fame Showcase (available post-launch).
And for those wondering what exacting is in the PC version, including changes, here is the details for those who want to know:
- Extensive Roster: Featuring more than 135 playable WWE and NXT Superstars, including cover Superstar Brock Lesnar, John Cena, Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Andre the Giant, “Macho Man” Randy Savage, A.J. Styles, Seth Rollins, Kevin Owens, Finn Bálor, Dean Ambrose, Charlotte, Bayley, Sasha Banks and Samoa Joe, WWE 2K17 delivers the largest roster in WWE games history;
- Bill Goldberg: Consumers who purchase WWE 2K17 for Windows PC at any participating retailer will receive two playable characters of legendary WCW and WWE star Bill Goldberg, as well as playable WCW Monday Nitro and Halloween Havoc arenas, at no extra cost;
- Gameplay Enhancements: WWE 2K17 gives players greater control of the action, including the return of playable backstage and crowd areas. Primary gameplay enhancements include increased responsiveness, updated game systems like Ladders, Taunts and a new Secondary Submission System, as well as thousands of new animations;
- Creation Suite: WWE 2K17’s Creation Suite delivers greater control for players to customize, build and share their own unique WWE Superstars, Arenas, Entrances, Shows and more. New features include the full Highlight Replay system, which enables players to record video highlights from their matches and use the footage to design custom entrance videos in Create-a-Video and Create-a-Victory;
- MyCareer Mode: The franchise’s career-driven mode, now in its third year, lets players experience what it takes to become a WWE Superstar, including options to jump ahead to the main roster, become a “Paul Heyman Guy,” engage in deeper rivalries, earn more than one title, get merchandise royalties and more. In addition, they can take advantage of a brand new Promo Engine that enables players to put their speaking and charisma skills on display. A series of scripted options and a performance meter show how impactful chosen words resonate with the audience; the more intense the reaction, the better the rewards for a player, including boosted ratings, popularity and bank account;
- Universe Mode: WWE 2K17 introduces a new Show Presentation system and Promo Engine. These new features provide increased possibilities, including run-ins, as well as pre- and post-match attacks and the ability to express the thoughts and emotions of WWE Superstars. In addition, players will experience revamped Universe Mode cut scenes, including familiar and brand new scenarios;
- Soundtrack: Personally curated by legendary hip-hop recording artist, producer, entrepreneur and WWE enthusiast Sean “Diddy” Combs a.k.a. Puff Daddy, the WWE 2K17 in-game soundtrack features 13 unique songs from established and emerging artists, including:
- Action Bronson & Joey Bada$$ (feat. Rico Love) – “What About The Rest Of Us”;
- Anderson .Paak – “Come Down”;
- Andy Black – “We Don’t Have To Dance”;
- Axwell Λ Ingrosso – “This Time”;
- Black Sabbath – “Paranoid”;
- Bring Me The Horizon – “Run”;
- FIDLAR – “Drone”;
- French Montana (feat. Kodak Black) – “Lockjaw”;
- iSHi (feat. French Montana, Wale, & Raekwon) – “We Run”;
- P. Diddy, Black Rob & Mark Curry – “Bad Boy For Life”;
- Travis Barker & Yelawolf – “Out of Control”;
- Twenty One Pilots – “Ride”;
- Yellow Claw (feat. Lil Eddie) – “We Made It.”
So there you have it wrestling fans, now you can play as your favourite WWE stars on your PC.
Source: Press Release/YouTube