ARK: Survival Evolved Gets 'Mega Tek Tier' Update
ARK: Survival Evolved on console is now seeing the TEK Tier content. Now available for free download on Xbox One this update adds new weapons, armors, gear, and most importantly - dinosaur mounted laser cannons - to ARKs already significant arsenal. Players can also tame four new creatures and take part in the Valentine’s Day Event, a limited-time opportunity to increase creature mating speed and find a box of chocolates that can be used to unlock new event-themed hairstyles and an emote.
Players wanting TEK Tier loot will need to gather the newly introduced Element resource, which is granted after successfully completing Boss Arenas. Each Boss now has three difficulty levels (easy, medium, hard) and after defeating the respective Boss are awarded with unique TEK Knowledge engrams, element and other general Boss Rewards. Collect the Element, then use the TEK Replicator to craft all TEK items.
The TEK Tier for ARK will be implemented in multiple phases, Phase I has arrived on Xbox One already with awesome new element powered gear including:
- TEK Helmet - Contains a built-in oxygen tank and three different type of vision: Sonar, which identifies tribes, allies, enemies and creatures, Night (see in the dark) and a combined Sonar/Night mode.
- TEK Boots - These boots let players scale vertical surfaces with ease, along with negating any falling damage.
- TEK Pants - Enable a super run that lets players speed through solid objects. Combined with the TEK Shirt, the pants allow for faster flight and a cool superheroic stance.
- TEK Shirt - Jet Pack! Ever wanted to be Iron Man? Don this item then rocket upwards into space or hover above your enemies to better view the devastation you have wrought!
- TEK Gauntlets - Powerful super punch - dash-smash your foes across the map with this powered up fisticuffs feature.
- TEK Rifle - Powered by Element, the rifle features a scope that can sync up with the TEK Helmets vision modes for double the death-dealing.
- TEK Rex Saddle - Mount lasers on your T-Rex. Yes...lasers...on...a...T-Rex
- TEK Replicator - Needed for crafting items from the TEK tier.
- TEK Transmitter - This portable terminal functions similarly to an Obelisk, allowing players to transfer characters, creatures and items across the ARK.
Four New Creatures are also added in ARK v254 and they are as follows:
- Purlovia Maxima - Resembling a giant weasel, the Purlovia is a nasty sneak, burrowing underground so it can ambush unaware passers-by.
- Basilosaurus Solatiumfecit - One of the stranger water creatures is Basilosaurus, a powerful swimmer that is so adapted to life in the shallows, it has problems surviving in deep water. This hasnt kept tribes from taming these gentle creatures, as their warm-blooded nature means riders can be kept comfortable in both hot and cold climes. Its blubber is also valuable, as it can be processed into a highly efficient form of gasoline.
- Baryonyx Aquafulgur - Baryonyx has the distinction of being on the small end of the large predator tier, but that doesnt make it any less dangerous. Its an extremely fast swimmer, and can threaten most creatures on land and sea, which makes it an efficient killer. Taming a Baryonyx makes it even more dangerous.
- Ovis Aries - The Ovis has arrived in-game! This passive, stupid-tempered creature might be weak, but its definitely useful, with wool that can be repeatedly sheared and re-grown, and the ability to produce tasty, wonderful, lamb chops. Its also makes for a fun, albeit slow, mount.
So youre wondering if that is all, well its not. Other Features in the ARK v254 Patch
- New Weapon - Lance: Saddle up and prepare for medieval mounted mayhem with the arrival of this, the Jurassic Jousters weapon of choice.
- New Mechanic: Hairstyles, Facial Hair, Hair Colouring and styling with real-time growing. Customize your avatars with awesome new beards and then watch them grow! Cut, dye and trim your hair as you go all out with your character design.
- 16 Additional Explorer Notes
- A ton of improvements for official mod The Center, and general game fixes!
So there yo uhave it folks. Fans of ARK: Survival Evolved are getting the love as more content is continually being released for the game. Its a win-win situation.
Source: Press Release/YouTube