Lock's Quest Coming to Xbox One in April
2008’s Lock’s Quest is the newest entry in THQ Nordic’s MAP (meaningful asset-program). To be truthful, this is the first time we here at XBA that weve heard of the whole MAP thing. That being said, the MAP is THQ Nordic’s internal (game) plan on which IPs to focus mid to long term. With that being said, Lock’s Quest is said to be one of those hidden gems that will profit from MAP and will be released in April 2017 on Xbox One.
Developer Digital Continue (based in New York City) had to walk a fine line between keeping the visuals and core gameplay of the Nintendo DS, whilst revamping UI, adapting controls, remastering the music, and adding a new progression system which is integrated into the storyline.
Here are some of the remaster features:
- New progression system automatically unlocks new turrets at specific story plot points
- Brand new Antonia Defense Battles featuring a new map
- All music remastered in high definition, with orchestrated introduction and ending
- Player controls remapped for keyboard/mouse and gamepad input
- Revamped User Interface, customized for HD resolution, including all new GUI Art
- Character portraits refactored in High Resolution
So, with that being all said, we hope to have more coverage as time goes by.
Source: Press Release