BUTCHER is coming to the Xbox One in May
BUTCHER is a fast-paced 2D shooter and a blood-soaked love letter to the cult classics of the genre, developed by Transhuman Design – the studio behind Soldat and King Arthur’s Gold. The game will be published by Crunching Koalas in May 2017.
As a cyborg programmed to eradicate the last remains of humanity, your sole purpose is to well... annihilate anything that moves. Grab your weapon of choice (from chainsaw, through shotgun, to grenade launcher) and kill your way through underground hideouts, post-apocalyptic cities, jungles and more. And if youre feeling creative, there are plenty other ways of ending your enemies misery - hooks, lava pits, saws... no death will ever be the same.
If kicking corpses into a lava pit and adorning walls with blood is your idea of a good time, BUTCHER is THE game for you.
BUTCHER’s main features:
- Ultra-violent uncompromising carnage in the spirit of Doom and Quake (chainsaw included).
- Release your inner artist, paint the walls with (permanent) blood (up to 4 million pixels available to be painted per level).
- Use the environment (saws, hooks, lava pits, animals and other) to brutally dispose of your enemies.
- Put your reflex and patience to the ultimate test.
- Choose from an array of weapons (featuring classics like chainsaw, railgun and the deadly grenade launcher).
- Soak in the dark atmosphere reinforced by a wicked, heavy soundtrack (while you kick corpses around).
- Die painfully: melt in lava, become piranha food, get crushed by heavy doors... and more!
- Absolutely no mercy for anyone!
We wont lie, we here at XBA think this game kind of looks interesting, and who knows, maybe it might just keep our attendtion as long as we can survive.
Source: Press Release/YouTube