Arena on Xbox Live Launches for Killer Instinct Along with New Update
Microsoft has introducted Arena on Xbox Live to the broader community for Killer Instinct! Also arriving with this month’s update are overlays for Party Chat, Wi-Fi Captive Portal, and Looking for Group improvements; and be on the lookout for an app from Dolby Atmos in the coming weeks.
Here’s more about the new features beginning to roll out today:
Arena on Xbox Live Tournaments for Killer Instinct
- Launching today on your Xbox One, you’ll find a new tab labeled ‘Tournaments’ in the Game Hub. Within this tab, you’ll be able to see upcoming tournaments you can register for directly on your Xbox One dashboard for Killer Instinct. When it’s time to check in for your tournament, you’ll receive a notification directly on your console, or through the Xbox app on your Windows 10, iOS or Android device. You can then easily join your tournament, launching directly into your game from your Xbox One or Xbox app on Windows 10 PCs – and be ready to fight for glory, honor, and prizes.
Gamer-Created Tournaments come to Arena on Xbox Live
- Also launching to your Xbox One, are the first ever gamer-created tournaments through Arena for Killer Instinct. You will be able to create tournaments for your Xbox Live Club in the Xbox app on Windows 10 PCs. Simply go to a Club page for a Club in which you are an owner or admin (or create a Club just for your tournaments!) and navigate to the ‘Tournaments’ tab. There you’ll see an option to create a tournament – set the date and time, tweak settings, and enter a description – and a few clicks later you have your very own tournament scheduled! Be sure to advertise your tournament to your Club’s Activity Feed to recruit players and hope you can stay friends even after you take first place.
Looking for Group Posting Notification
- We’ve made posting in Looking for Group (LFG) to game with others even easier. With LFG notifications, you can be notified when anyone you follow creates an LFG post. Since the feature was first released last fall, gamers have created over 15 million posts! Want to let more people know about an LFG post? Now you also can share it to an Activity Feed or in a message.
Clubs on Xbox Live and Beam Integration
- Clubs on Xbox Live now helps streamers and their followers find each other. The new ’Beam’ tab added to Clubs shows all Beam broadcasts from Club members, and new controls let Club owners filter broadcasts based on games and stream maturity rating.
Party Overlay Updates
- It is now more simple to stay connected with your Party, which is why you now have the option to overlay the speaking Party members’ names – even when the Guide isn’t showing. Controls let you change the overlay’s position and transparency.
Dolby Atmos App
- The Dolby Access app will be available soon on your Xbox One and Xbox One S. This app enables Dolby Atmos audio, creating sound that flows around you, even overhead, through Dolby Atmos enabled AVRs and sound bars. With an additional store purchase, Dolby Atmos for Headphone enables this same immersive experience on almost any set of headphones. The experience delivers breakthrough audio that takes you deeper inside your favorite games, movies, and TV shows. For gamers, a robust slate of native Dolby Atmos titles are coming to Xbox One later this year. Additionally, the upmixing capabilities of Dolby Atmos will create a more immersive audio experience for your existing multichannel games.
So there you have it folks, the team at Redmond contilnues to refine the Xbox experience beyond just games.
Source: Xbox News Wire/YouTube