Iron Crypticle Hitting the Xbox One Soon
The Arcade/RPG twin-stick shooter Iron Crypticle will be available on the Xbox One on July 12, so your wait for a new game in the genre is almost over. The game was developed by Confused Pelican and TIKIPOD Ltd, and is published by TIKIPOD Ltd.
The game is an arcade twin-stick dungeon shooter with RPG elements. A mysterious, malevolent force has abducted Cryptonia’s princess – along with the king’s royal golden treasures (shaped curiously like large foodstuffs...). The washed-up kingsguard must leap into action and plunge down into the ancient magical crypts on a rescue mission. It has been said that you can summarize Iron cryptical as a game structured around the core of Smash TV / Robotron, deepened by an item collection system inspired by Bubble Bobble / Rainbow Islands, all placed in a Ghosts and Goblins / Gauntlet type medieval setting.
A few features worth mentioning:
- If you want to survive past the Guardian Monsters of each floor then you’ll need to upgrade your abilities. Speed, Damage, Fire Rate and Weapon Duration can all be upgraded either from shops or through careful chaining of food pickups.
- Most enemies drop a food item (delicious cheese, slices of cake, lollipops, hotdogs, fruit…) with which you need to juggle chain-collecting, all whilst slashing your way through hordes of ghastly creatures.
- Route selection is very important too, with each floor made up of a branching system of rooms. Each room type has their advantages and disadvantages – plus with each play through the rooms all shift about and reform, just to keep you on your toes!
- To help you on your quest are a range of weapons, magical scrolls and items to unlock. For close combat emergencies you can rely on your dash move for quick escape, or activate your Atomic Fist to punch a hole in the enemy ranks.
- Be sure to visit the cat merchant to see what is on offer. Or try the arcade room to earn extra coins and health. You can play solo or up to 4 player local CO-OP; either way youll find the crypts run deep with many secrets to uncover on your adventures in Iron Crypticle.
We hope to have more on this game after its released, including a review of it.
Source: Press Release