Super Comboman: Smash Edition Coming August 22
Super Comboman: Smash Edition is a classic beat ‘em up with a different kind of action hero: an energetic island laborer with a funked up ‘do, wearer of loud Hawaiian shirts, eater of chocolate chip cookies, and owner of a talking fanny pack (yeah, a talking fanny pack). His name is Struggles, and he’s a working class hero with an ‘All You Can’ attitude, a spinning pile driver, and fireball moves to match.
Working with publisher Flashman Games, Super Comboman: Smash Edition has just been finalized for launch on Xbox in North America and Europe next Tuesday, August 22.
In Super Comboman: Smash Edition’s crispy combo action game play, Struggles battles an army of baddies and mega bosses from giant construction organization DoDoCo. Players travel through vibrant levels, unlock powerful moves ripped straight from classic 2D fighting games move lists, and punch co-workers through brick walls all while hustling to collect a paycheck along the way.
Here are a few game features to let you know what to expect:
- 2D Fighting Game Inspired Action. Smash, counter punch, and forward dash into classic 2D platform action and take down an army of DoDoCo thugs coming at you with fighting moves straight outta classic 2D fighting games
- Mega Manga Bosses and Talking Fanny Packs. Test twitch reflexes and take on big beefy bosses with the help of Struggles trusted side kick Flappy, the talking fanny pack. Struggles never leaves home without him.
- Unlock and Unleash. Earn your keep by beating down the DoDoCo baddies, and spend your hard earned cash on unlocking new powerful fighting moves like the fire uppercut, air dash, and the old stand-by dive kick.
- Go Combo Crazy. Rack up killer kombos and activate powerful perks you can unlock in the combo store.
- Perks. Activate powerful perks like Infinite Smash and Heal Parry to put the beat down on the enemy. Its going to take more than a loud Hawaiian Shirt and a talking fanny pack to defeat the enemies!
- Rich 2D Visual Style. Rad 2D sticker art style will make you want to rock your own fanny pack (not for the faint of heart!)
Super Comboman was originally released for PC as Interabang Entertainment’s first independently developed game, Super Comboman: Smash Edition brings the experience to console platforms as planned by the team since its inception. Super Comboman: Smash Edition features extensive enhancements including expanded moves, animations and capabilities for lead character Struggles; improvements to art, level design and combat in many areas; refinements to enemy AI, visuals, and showdowns, and extensive additional tuning throughout the game. Super Comboman: Smash Edition will release at a list price of $14.99.
For now, we recommend you check out the trailer below:
Source: Press Release/YouTube