Neverwinter "Lost City of Omu" Now Available on Xbox One
Fans who are still plugging away in Perfect World Entertainments MMORPG Neverwinter have something new to download, as the next module (DLC) is now available. This new content, called Lost City of Omu, is the latest update for the F2P game. It brings with it new challenges for adventurers on consoles including a new adventure zone, Monster Hunts, Heroic Encounters, an Endgame Trial, smoothed level 60-70 progression, an expanded Tomb of Annihilation Campaign and more.
So, you want to know more about this new content? Well, ok, here you go.
The long abandoned city of Omu was previously home to a civilization destroyed by Acererak, the powerful lich now responsible for the death curse threatening the Chult and beyond. Adventurers must now explore the remains of the civilization to discover a way to end the death curse once and for all.
This journey takes players into the decaying ruins of Omu, deep within the jungles of Chult, through a maze of subterranean tunnels and into a yuan-ti temple. Along the way, adventurers can experience improved Monster Hunts (returning from Tomb of Annihilation), a fresh batch of Repeatable Adventures and new Heroic Encounters, including one featuring an undead, zombie-spewing T-Rex dubbed the “Tyrant.”
Highlighted features of the new content include:
- Temple Ruins Adventure Zone – Uncovering the abandoned city of Omu leads adventurers deeper into Chult’s jungles than before, exploring crumbling temple ruins, a labyrinth of underground tunnels and a new instance featuring the yuan-ti - “Fane of the Night Serpent.”
- New Monster Hunts & Heroic Encounters – Adventurers can party up to tackle encounters around Omu or become monster hunters. All new contracts and encounters will pit players against Chult’s most fearsome predators including the dreaded Tyrant T-Rex to earn improved rewards.
- Expanded Tomb of Annihilation Campaign – In the epic conclusion of Neverwinter’s Chultan Peninsula narrative, players dive deeper into the Campaign with new tasks, new Jungles of Chult boon ranks and a new 10-player Endgame Trial featuring a final confrontation with Acererak and his abomination, the Atropal.
- Smoother Progression from Level 60 to 70 – Neverwinter players still looking to reach the level cap will now experience a smoother progression due to a drastic balancing of the XP curve in later levels, allowing them to access the game’s many endgame Campaigns sooner – including the Lost City of Omu.
- Class Power Adjustments – Many powers previously based on weapon damage have been changed to scale based on player stats instead, and bug fixes have been applied to class powers previously behaving incorrectly. Scourge Warlocks can now explore a more viable Temptation feat tree, for example.
- Additional Features – New recipes for Masterwork Professions, Treasure Maps, Repeatable Adventures and quality-of-life improvements
So, there you have it Neverwinter fans, a whole bunch of new content for you to enjoy.
Source: Press Release