Gears of War 4 to Get A Lot of Xbox One X Enhancements
Simply put, there are going to be a hell of a lot of Xbox One X enhancements to Gears of War 4, a game that already looks good on the Xbox One S. You can except the following:
True 4K Experience
- Get ready to experience unmatched clarity, richness and details with true 4K visuals (3840×2160) in The Coalitionss Visuals Rendering Mode. Even if you’re playing on a 1080p screen, you’ll instantly notice the difference thanks to a 4K super sampled image that brings you a crisper, richer looking Gearsgame than you’ve ever seen before.
- High Dynamic Range provides increased contrast between lights and darks. Battling your way through a lightning flurry in a windflare has never looked better. Gears of War 4 on Xbox One X supports a wide color gamut for true-to-color definition – just as the artists intended – and now at 4K resolution.
Up to 60FPS For Ultra Smooth Gameplay - Xbox One X owners will have two Preferred Rendering Options to choose from in Gears of War 4 – Visuals and Performance!
- Put framerate first. For the first time ever, Gears of War will play at up to 60fps in 1080p in Campaign and Horde – all including higher resolution textures and some of the new enhanced graphical features available in Visuals mode.
- Push graphical fidelity to the max. This mode uses Ultra Quality Textures, a wealth of new and improved graphical features all at 4K resolution (3840×2160) thanks to the power of Xbox One X. You’ll experience the same frame rates you’ve come to expect from Gears of War 4 – 30fps for Campaign and Horde .
In both Rendering modes, Versus will run at a rock-solid 4K 60FPS (with adaptive resolution scaling).
Dolby Atmos Audio Support - When playing Gears of War 4 on Xbox One, we now offer Dolby Atmos, which gives you immersive, moving audio.
- The Dolby Access app lets you set up your Dolby Atmos enabled home theater, TV, or sound bar for free, and lets you try or buy Dolby Atmos for Headphones, which gives you immersive sound on any headphones. Experience the visceral sounds of Gears of War in a way that will make you feel like you’re inside the action, only on Xbox One.
The Coalitions Most Immersive World Thanks To New Features
- The world of Sera has never been more immersive thanks to brand new features and higher resolution textures – all possible with the additional horsepower and memory offered by the Xbox One X.
Enhanced Light Shafts
- Also known as God Rays, Enhanced Light Shafts provide true-to-life beams of sunlight in the world. Prepare for jaw dropping lighting as the God Rays peek through gaps in the canopy of trees above you, or in sunset conditions peeking through buildings and statues.
- Shadows in Gears of War 4 are usually pre-defined by an artist to accurately reflect the shadows objects in the world would cast based on the lighting. On Xbox One X, dynamic shadows now react true to the lighting conditions and movement of objects – for example, trees blowing in the wind will cast an accurate moving shadow on the ground – bringing the world of Sera to life like never before.
Increased Draw Distances
With the power of Xbox One X, The Coalition can maintain higher resolution textures at a further distance than ever before – creating a higher fidelity picture and crisper world around you, even on the horizon.
The Coalition has pushed their surface space reflections even further to look closer to as you would expect in real life. Reflective surfaces now have a higher definition reflection of your character – whether that’s in a mirror-like reflection of water, or the muddied color reflective nature of metal. It looks especially awesome on the DeeBee’s metallic armor!
Enhanced Character Textures
With The Coalitions higher resolution textures now available on console thanks to Xbox One X, characters show more detail from head to toe. They’ve never looked better!
So, there seems to be a lot of enhancements coming for the launch of the Xbox One X, and whats great is that The Coalition has clearly stated that you will notice the difference when playing on a 4K TV, or when sticking to good old 1080p.
For even more excitement, check out the video below showing off some of the above mentioned enhancements:
Source: Xbox News Wire/YouTube