Star Trek Online Season 14 Now On Xbox One
Perfect World Entertainment Iand Cryptic Studios announced Season 14 – Emergence is now available for Star Trek Online on Xbox One. An expansive new colony world awaits console players in the free-to-play MMORPG based on the Star Trek universe. Captains help the Lukari and Kentari defend their homeworld from the genocidal Tzenkethi, alongside Starfleet’s Geordi La Forge, voiced by Star Trek legend LeVar Burton. Players can also discover a new Fleet Holding, take advantage of a new Primary Specialization and for a limited time, gain free access to the Kilt and Skant uniforms from Star Trek: The Next Generation.
The new featured episode “Melting Pot” takes captains to a brand-new colony world in Dranuur, recently established by the Lukari and their long-lost sister species, the Kentari. The two species are joined by Starfleet Captain Geordi La Forge (voiced by LeVar Burton), who is helping them learn to co-exist and rebuild their home planet. Players rejoin La Forge and Kuumarke (voiced by Kipleigh Brown) as they tour the new colony - when a sudden discovery invokes the ire of the marauding Tzenkethi and puts this newly discovered world in terrible danger.
Season 14 – Emergence introduces console captains to several new gameplay features on Xbox One. This includes a new colony-based Fleet Holding, two new Fleet defense queues and an all-new Primary Specialization. A full list of new content introduced with this update includes:
- New Featured Episode – The new season opens with the featured episode “Melting Pot” which sends players on a mission to explore a new colony world with Captain Geordi La Forge.
- New Fleet Holding – Captains can build a full-scale Fleet Holding on the Lukari-Kentari colony. Now the game’s largest Fleet Holding, it is also the first holding since Starbases to feature five full tiers of progression with rewards.
- New Primary Specialization and Bridge Officer Class – The new Primary Specialization, “The Miracle Worker,” allows captains to excel in engineering abilities, such as weapon enhancement and healing. Bridge officers can also be trained to specialize in the same skills.
- Colony Defense Event – Fleets can generate a holographic invasion to help them train and earn both individual rewards and items to progress their new Fleet Holding.
- Fleet Holding Defense Queues – The Lukari-Kentari colony is home to two defense queues against the Tzenkethi – one on ground and one in space.
- Free Kilt and Skant Giveaway – From now through November 28 at 10:00 am PST, players can visit the “Promotions” tab of the C-Store on Xbox One and PS4 to claim a free Kilt and Skant, made famous by Star Trek: The Next Generation
There you have it Star Trek fans. Some new content for you to play and enjoy.
Source: Press Release/YouTube