Rad Rogers Coming to Xbox One
Looking for a new platform game that is a bit different from all the others? Well, THQ Nordic might have the solution for you. The Kickstarter financed game Rad Rodgers brings back the 90s-era PC platformer with a game inspired by classics like Commander Keen, Conker, RuffnTumble & Jazz Jackrabbit.
Rad is a rambunctious but spirited young boy who maybe plays too many video games. After dozing off at the tail end of a long night of gaming, Rad awakens to find his dusty old console has turned itself back on. Suddenly a vortex emerges and hes sucked into his TV, where he finds himself the star in his very own video game adventure.
Developer Slipgate Studios and Publisher THQ Nordic will release Rad Rodgers on February 21st, and on all of the Xbox One famiy of consoles. Heres what you can expect:
- Leaderboards: Gain Scores at the end of each level, and battle with friends to reach the top of the leaderboards.
- Hats: Unlock more than 20 different hats throughout the game, and customize Rad Rodgers.
- New Pogo Vertigo Bonus Levels: Grab a Pogo Stick, and see how far you can get in the new Pogo Vertigo vertical levels.
- New Unlockables: Unlock behind the scenes artwork throughout the game.
- New Pixelverse Puzzles: Pixelverses have been redesigned, and now include brand new types of Puzzles.
- 5 New Levels! Fight through 3 new Pogostick Levels, and 2 massive new levels. The Rainforest Rampage, and Raging Ruins.
- Minibosses! Introducing 2 minibosses throughout the game.
- 4 New Enemies! The new Spiky Jellyfish, Powerful Laserheads, and 2 new Minibosses brings new and exciting challenges to the Rad Rodgers enemy roster.
- Brand new weapon! The legendary "Excalibat" from Rise of the Triad, makes a return to Rad Rodgers. Become invincible and smack your way through hordes of enemies with the mighty Excalibat.
You can definitely call us interested on this title, as it looks quite interesting. We hope to have more as the eventual release date comes closer.
Source: Press Release/YouTube