Middle-earth: Shadow of War Gets Story Expansion Today
Seems that Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor is not done getting content updates for fans to play and get even more playtime out of the game. Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment today released the Desolation of Mordor Story Expansion, all-new downloadable content (DLC) available now.
This new DLC allows gamers to play Baranor, the Captain of Minas Ithil and survivor of the city’s demise. For the first time players can command the forces of Man against a deadly Orc threat to the East and utilise a host of new abilities and gear to conquer the harsh desert region of Lithlad, which houses the imposing Marauder fortress of Shindrâm. The Desolation of Mordor Story Expansion features the following content:
Desolation of Mordor Story Expansion
- Play as Baranor, the Captain of Minas Ithil and survivor of the city’s demise, in a new story expansion where players can command the forces of Man against a new Orc threat to the East.
- Unite with Torvin, the Dwarven Hunter, to craft powerful new combat gear, including the shield, gauntlet, grapple and kite.
- Hire mercenaries to create a human army and conquer the all-new desert region of Lithlad, lair of the Were-Wyrms.
- Complete a host of new outpost missions and overthrow the imposing Marauder fortress of Shindrâm.
- Fight to survive in Mordor as a human without the power of a Ring or a wraith to cheat death in a new rogue-like campaign mode.
Oh but wait, there is even more news for fans. There are several free content updates are also available today for all Middle-earth: Shadow of War owners, including the following:
- Nemesis System Enhancements – Overlords can now have bodyguards, who function the same as Warchief bodyguards and are able to deploy spies.
- Brutal Difficulty – Enemies are as fast and lethal as on Gravewalker difficulty, but damage is increased greatly, and Might and Wrath will fill up faster allowing players to use more special moves.
- New Player Skin – Choose to appear as Baranor in the main story campaign.
- Photo Mode Upgrades – New stickers, styles and filters inspired by the Desolation of Mordor Story Expansion.
- Online Fight Pits & Online Conquests Update – Search for friends by player name when battling it out in online modes.
Oh, and one final note on something that seems to be a kind of big change. The ability to purchase Gold will be permanently removed today. Players will still be able to spend Gold and receive Gold via in-game challenges up until the Market closes permanently on July 17th.
Source: Press Release/YouTube