Fantom Drives Unveils Plug-and-Play HDDs for the Xbox One
It seems that there is a company who wants owners of the first generation Xbox One to have a way to add an external HDD while keepign the look of the Xbox One in general. Fantom Drives, a consumer, prosumer and SMB data storage innovator, have announced the company’s enhanced Xbox One Hard Drive and Storage Hub, featuring up to 5 TB of capacity in the latest generation product.
Why are they doing this? Good question. As any Xbox One owner knows, Xbox One games must be completely installed on the Xbox One’s hard drive, including store bought games on optical disc. Because the Xbox Ones built-in hard drive cannot be replaced or upgraded without voiding the system’s warranty, players must purchase an external drive to grow the capacity of the system. With the Xbox One Hard Drive and Storage Hub by Fantom Drives, a massive capacity increase with the current 4 TB or new 5TB system can be added quickly and affordably, whether the gamer is at home or at a friend’s location.
So, what are your options for this new product? Well, the Xbox One Hard Drive and Storage Hub is available in several drive capacities, ranging from 1 TB to 5 TB and includes 3 additional USB 3.0 ports for adding additional storage (maximum 2 ports), controllers, or charging other USB devices. The drives are also available in very high-performance Firecuda Hybrid Solid State (SSHD) configurations of either 1 or 2 TBs. The power-efficient unit eliminates the need for cumbersome cords or power supplies, allowing for simple setup and operation. The plug-and-play device is simple to install and use and includes a quick installation guide with directions on how to set up the drive within minutes.
The Xbox One Hard Drive and Storage Hub includes:
- A single built-in high-quality Seagate Hard Drive in capacities ranging from 1-5 TB or a high-performance Firecuda Hybrid Solid State (SSHD) configuration of either 1 or 2 TBs drives.
- Easy snap on design to directly connect to the Xbox without the need for an external power supply or USB cables.
- Powerful yet efficient 2.5” drive technology that provides a smaller, quieter, and more durable system that runs cooler and more reliably.
- Three port USB 3.0 hub which can be used for additional storage (maximum 2 ports) or as a regular USB port expansion.
- Support for SuperSpeed data transfer rates of up to 5Gbps (USB 3.0) - backward compatible to USB 2.0/1.1.
- One-year limited Warranty
Given how well the drive looks as it blends in seemlessly with the Xbox One, we cant wait to see what, if anything, they may offer the owner of the Xbox One S or Xbox One X.
Source: Press Release