New Update Hitting the Xbox One Starting Today
So, if you are not in the insider program, then you most likely havent been seeing the newest updates to the Xbox One, but that is about to change as the October 2018 update is hitting EVERYONEs console starting today.
Here is what is new:
New Xbox Avatars
- The new Xbox Avatars are expressive, creative and, most importantly, bring to life the community of fans they represent. The Avatar Editor features a wide range of body types, and the entire Avatar closet supports all of them, enabling you to uniquely tailor your Avatar however you see fit.
- In addition to all the items that are available at launch, Microsoft will have a new Avatar Store where you can obtain even more new Avatar items, including licensed designs from Halo, Gears of War, and more.
- If you prefer your Xbox Original Avatar, that’s okay. The new Xbox Avatar Editor also enables you to compare and choose which version of the Xbox Avatar best represents how you want to be seen on Xbox Live. If you choose to represent yourself as an Xbox Original Avatar, all the content from your Xbox Original avatar’s closet continues to be available via the Xbox Original Avatars app on Xbox One and Windows 10.
Xbox Skill for Cortana and Alexa
- The Xbox Skill for Cortana and Alexa is available today in the U.S. This feature enables people to use their voice to navigate and interact with Xbox through Cortana and Alexa-enabled devices – expanding voice navigation beyond previous Kinect and headset capabilities.
- With the Xbox Skill, people can use voice commands to power on/off their console, adjust volume, launch games and apps, start and stop broadcasts on Mixer, capture screenshots, and more. For example, if you have the Xbox skill enabled on your Echo just say “Alexa, launch Forza Horizon 4” and this command will automatically turn on your console, sign you in, and launch Forza Horizon 4. Look for the Xbox Skill in the Alexa Skill Store or the Cortana Skill Store to get started. To set up Alexa, just say, “Alexa, open Xbox” and to set up Cortana, just say, “Hey Cortana, open Xbox”, or search for “Xbox” in the assistant skill store.
Dolby Vision video streaming on Xbox One
- Dolby Vision HDR video streaming support is now available across Xbox One S and Xbox One X. Dolby Vision enables select TVs to deliver enhanced HDR with dynamic scene-by-scene precision and accuracy versus standard HDR, which is static for the entire movie/show you are watching.
- To enable Dolby Vision on your console, navigate to Settings -> Display and sound -> Video output -> Video modes -> Allow Dolby Vision.
New languages for Narrator
- Xbox is committed to being more accessible and inclusive. Today we are adding five additional languages to Narrator on Xbox One, including Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, Swedish, and Dutch. We’re also adding an Australian version of English language for Narrator, so Australian users will no longer have to select U.S. or U.K. English to use Narrator.
So there you have it folks, feel free to download the new update if your console hasnt done it already, and see for yourself what is new.
Source: Xbox News Wire