GRIP: Combat Racing Getting a 'Big Ass' Update
Publisher Wired Productions Ltd. and developer Caged Element Inc. have announced that their game GRIP: Combat Racing is getting an update, and that this upcate is called the ‘Big Ass Update’. Yes, it isnt a typing mistake, or a misprint.
The affectionately titled “Big Ass Update” is said to offer a significant overhaul of the game’s online lobby and matchmaking systems, allowing players to blow each other up and pass the finish line quicker than ever before. Alongside the MP changes, the game’s AI and catch-up system has been rebalanced, offering a more competitive experience, not only in the game’s single-player campaign but in each and every race.
Here is a breakdown of what the update does. And it should be noted that there are 100 or so fixes in this update, so it is not all of what the update addresses:
- Lobby overhauled with new simplified voting mechanics and count down timer
- Catch-up assistance has been rebalanced and can be toggled during the game’s campaign
- AI bots now drive more competitively even when catch-up assistance is turned off
- AI bot vehicles are now selected to be comparable to the player’s vehicle
- Bug fix for AI bot catch-up in MP games
- Resolved issue when displaying split-screen results
- "View to a kill" battle arena is now rebalanced and redesigned
- "Magmatic Core" battle arena now has speed-pads and has been redesigned to prevent insta-death
- Improvements to various tracks’ collisions and performance
- Fixed issues around vehicle customisation
- Improved stability for split-screen tournaments
- Fixed bug preventing players 3 and 4 selecting vehicles in split-screen
- Resolved issue where achievements were incorrectly unlocked when spectating a MP game
- Improved calculations for leaderboard statistics
- Improved how the player’s overall average speed and position are calculated
- Electrical sounds volume is now set correctly
- Improved missile targeting when the target is manoeuvring hard
- Improved missile guidance – missiles now avoid the floor much more often when launching
Phew, that is alot, and as mentioned, its not all of it, but just the major stuff. It is great to see the dev-team take note of some of the complaints and make the changes to make what should be a better game.
Source: Press Release