Batman: The Animated Series Level Pack Now on LEGO DC Super Villains
So, youve been playing LEGO DC Super Villians and wondering if you would be getting some new content anytime soon. Well, you have reason to celebrate as new DLC has arrived, as Batman: The Animated Series Level Pack has been released for the game.
In celebration of Batman’s 80th Anniversary,the pack, available for $2.99, adds a new crime-fighting level inspired by Batman: The Animated Series, a series famous for its film noir aesthetics, intelligent and intricate stories, and stylized presentation. Players can roam Gotham City with seven newly-added characters whose origins were famously modernized in the series including The Phantasm, Captain Clown, Man-Bat, Mad-Hatter, Batman, The Joker, and Harley Quinn.
For those looking for a recap of who these new characters are, that are inspired the The Animated Series, take a gander at each of the descriptions below:
- This character is the secret villainous identity of Andrea Beaumont, a love interest of Bruce Wayne’s prior to him becoming Batman. She is set on avenging her father’s death at the hands of a mysterious mob member, who winds up becoming The Joker. She dons an outfit reminiscent of the Grim Reaper and wears a smoke-generating device and scythe-bladed gauntlet.
- This character appeared in the series as an android programmed to be a loyal subject to The Joker and an enemy to Batman. As a villainous robot with unique artificial intelligence, its strength always presented a challenge for Batman to defeat.
- This was the first villain to appear in the pilot episode of Batman: The Animated Series. Afflicted with a disease that threatened to leave him deaf, Dr. Kirk Langstrom devised an experimental cure that merged the DNA of humans and bats. After testing it on himself, however, the cure backfired and transformed him into a giant bat-like creature.
The Mad Hatter
- He began as timid scientist Jervis Tetch who was experimenting with mind control technology for Wayne Enterprises. Attempting to impress a love interest, he dresses as the Mad Hatter character from his favorite story book and uses his mind control technology to brainwash people to do his bidding.
- Of course you know about "The Bat". Bruce Wayne pledged his life to an endless crusade against all criminals when his parents were taken from him as a kid so that what happened to him will never happen again to anyone else. A self-made Super Hero who has no Super Powers, Bruce travelled the world focused on training both his body and mind to near physical perfection and when the time was right, he returned to Gotham City donning the Cape and Cowl becoming Batman.
- Known as Batmans main arch-nemesis, he is an unpredictably nefarious criminal who uses every evil trick his mind can muster to try to destroy Batman and take over Gotham City. In Batman: The Animated Series, The Joker starts out completing criminal jobs for the mob and is cornered by Batman during an attempted robbery at the Ace Chemical Plant. He falls into a vat of chemicals disfiguring him and further warping his mind, giving birth to The Joker.
- She made her first appearance in Batman: The Animated Series when she and Joker attempted to plot against Commissioner Gordon only to be stopped by Batman. Psychologist Dr. Harlene Quinzel began her career at Arkham Asylum, and it was there she first met The Joker. Wehil trying to psychoanalyze what made the clown tick, he turned the tables and toyed with her mind and she ultimately helped him escape becoming his criminal sidekick and love interest, Harley Quinn.
So, there you have it folks. This DLC is out already, and fairly cheap, so feel free to download it and add some new characters and a new level for you to play.
Source: Press Release