NEWS - Sunday, July 18, 2021
Streets of Rage 4 DLC Mr. X Nightmare Now Available
Streets of Rage 4 DLC Mr. X Nightmare Now Available on PC & Consoles
Big free update accompanies today’s DLC as well as huge discounts for fans across all platforms
Publisher and co-developer Dotemu with co-developers Lizardcube and Guard Crush Games today announce that Mr. X Nightmare, the highly anticipated DLC for the smash hit Streets of Rage 4, is out now on PS4, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, and PC via Steam, GOG, and the Windows Store for $7.99. Fans are also treated to a big free update separate from the DLC which brings several cool new features and enhancements to the game.
To celebrate the release of Mr. X Nightmare, Dotemu has punched the base price of the game down by 15 percent off the Nintendo Switch, Steam and Microsoft Store PC versions from July 15 - July 29.
The DLC sees new features added to Streets of Rage 4 which encompasses several different areas:
- Playable New Fighters: Introducing the playable debut of powerful officer Estel Aguirre, with the awaited return of fully realized playable versions of Max Thunder and Shiva, both beloved characters of Streets of Rage 2 & Streets of Rage 3.
- Survival Mode: An inventive, immensely replayable challenge where fighters beat down endless waves of foes and earn perks for as long as they can stay alive. The Random version of this mode keeps each fight unpredictable through generated runs, and the Weekly version has a series of static gauntlets generated each week that keeps players on their toes as they brawl their way through the streets of rage and fight for the top spot. Each completed level offers a choice of randomized stackable perks to choose from.
- New Moves: Braving Survival’s onslaughts also permanently unlocks new moves for use across any of Streets of Rage 4’s modes, allowing players to personalize movelists for their favorite characters. Even Retro characters now have new moves.
- New Badass Weaponry: Progress unlocks devastating new weapons within the incoming training mode, as well as gallery content.
- Leaderboards Show Who’s the Boss: The mode’s leaderboards keep track of the community’s well-fought runs too; who will be Wood Oak City’s finest fighter?
- New Tunes: Keep groovin’ with original music from Tee Lopes (Sonic Mania, League of Legends).
- And Wait, There’s Even Moaaar: A separate free update adding an in-depth training system, color palette options, a fiendish New Mania+ difficulty, plus a wealth of refinements and balancing changes addressing feedback from Streets of Rage 4’s passionate community.
Streets of Rage 4 is a revival of the classic beat em’ up series released in 2020. After not seeing a release for 25 years, Streets of Rage 4 brought the series into the modern era, receiving critical praise for its faithful evolution of the series’ signature action and surpassing more than 2.5 million copies downloaded. The title features new and returning characters, stylish hand-drawn artwork, fresh combat abilities and mechanics, retro pixel character unlocks, and a soundtrack crafted in homage to the sound and style that made the original games so popular.
You can expect our full DLC review shortly!